MolyKote AFC ~ Anti-Friction Coating
Molykote is an anti-friction coating ideal for metal/metal combinations with high loads and slow to medium movements. This air-curing dry film lubricant is designed for the permanent lubrication of high-stress applications with low sliding speeds.
Often called “lubricating paints,” MOLYKOTE® Anti-Friction Coatings contain solid lubricants dispersed through carefully selected resin blends and solvents. The service temperature range is -180°C to +450°C
Our anti-friction coatings help customers improve safety, reliability and performance by controlling friction and wear, preventing component failures, extending lubrication intervals, and reducing production and operating costs.
When applied, these materials cure to form dry, solid lubricant coatings that are bonded to the surface.
Economical to apply, long-lasting and valued in uses where other lubricants fail, MOLYKOTE® provides:
- Dry, clean lubrication unaffected by dust, dirt and moisture
- Lifetime lubrication without aging, evaporation or oxidation
- Rust prevention without surface treatments (e.g., galvanizing)
- Nonflammable, nonstaining protection on metals, plastics and elastomers
- Controlled film thickness for exact load-bearing capabilities
- Fully effective lubrication, even after prolonged shutdown